Monday, October 4, 2010

Too Many Ideas; Too Little Time

I made the mistake of telling a local filmmaker about an idea I had. I has nothing to do with film, but rather me participating in an experimental band.

Huh?

Ever since then he asks if I've moved on it. Meaning: have I gotten the band together? The answer, of course, is "No." I will never get the band together. It's an idea that will never see the light of the day. Not because it's not good. It's stellar. Rather, it will take too much effort and time--the rarest commodity.

I have more ideas than I have time to execute them. Rather, they ferment and gestate and one or two, eventually, will become reality.

Ideas that are percolating that will most likely never see the light of day:

The long in development feature horror screenplay
The long in pre-writing development feature jazz screenplay
The recently almost complete horror short screenplay
The underground band
The no blank walls project
The open mic comedy night
The 40 Things website
The answer to no radio show

And that's just a 3 minute brain dump.

1 comment:

  1. I hate it when that happens. I'm the same way. Moleskines full of interesting ideas that I never get around to working on. Is there a fix for this problem?

    ReplyDelete