Saturday, February 20, 2010

SHOW NOTES - 02/20/10 - NO PLANS WHATSOEVER

Every once in a while you have no plan at all.

I just got in from Orlando, am out of touch and out of the loop. I have absolutely no plan. In that case what I like to do is list about 10 things to potentially talk about and then see where my mind and the callers take me.

So, that in mind here are the things that MIGHT be get hit on.

1) Anything happen in CC while I was gone? crickets

I put it out to the FB Group (join here). One idea came back:

Summer break and daylight savings time; both archaic methods implemented during the days when 95% of children were expected to help on the family farm. Now that children are not regularly used as labor, we should do away with summer break and go to year round school. Daylight savings time is also ridiculous as well. And for the record, I do state these beliefs even though my brother in law is a local farmer.

crickets

  • Slow growth of of the group. The show and its obstacles.
2) Elton John tix went on sale an hour before the show. Joe has his.


  • The ticketmaster experience of an 8th grader.
  • Elton: 'Jesus was gay'. I don't really want to touch that

3) This past Wednesday's column: Islanders' Basketball Game Report

  • Prejudice against my own city

4) Speaking of gay, Drag Queens

On my flight back from Orlando my seat neighbor was Tyra Sanchez, contestant on the current RuPaul's Drag Race television show, which I had never heard of. Tyra let me watch the first ep on his/her computer. Survivor + Project Runway + Drag Queens.

Shooting has finished but the show is airing now. (s)he couldn't tell me who won obviously, but 4 episodes into it, (s)he is still on it. I guess you have to watch it once to see Tyra. Full episodes online.

5) Coliseum Bids

6) Zack's job interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment