Wednesday, November 25, 2009

ITUNES GETS PLAYED

I'm an iTunes user. I'm sure you are too. It's holds my music library, I make playlists (such as 'Workout'), and it's where I've subscribed to many film podcasts including my own, The Movie Hour with Joe and Ethan.

And you can too by clicking here:
Subscribe with iTunes

My home desktop iTunes updates my iPod but that's the family shared with computer so you're likely to find the theme to Spongebob Squarepants in that library. My work computer iTunes library is very random because that is where I, up until recently, would download everything for the show including all the past Ultimate Music Masters and music for Halloween, Christmas and Oscar shows.

I recently got a new laptop and requested that it come iTunes-ed up. Now I have my OWN iTunes...it's all mine. I brought over everything from the house, removed all of the Spongebob, Miley and Weird Al and am sculpting and forming the perfect library.

Music has always been important to me and important to the show. One new, published, stated rule for the 'New Show' is to keep all music purposeful. No canned music off of some antiseptic database. I'd like to start playing the top five songs of the week and commenting from time to time and talk about new music I've discovered or am enjoying.

iTunes has a field that shows you how many times each song has been played. If you descend by this field you see the songs in descending order with the top one being the song you've listened to the most. At the office that song is Oasis, Don't Look Back in Anger.

Great Jam!

So with a new laptop and a clear, no-nonsense iTunes play count, what will leap to #1? Last night I found myself in the kitchen with the iTunes DJ playing some random jams while dancing with my daughter. Rock With You by Michael Jackson came on (I downloaded some stuff at his death) and we pressed repeat a few times...which knocked it up to 4 listens...and puts it at the top of the list.


(#2: Heroes by David Bowie).

So expect to hear all about it on the show.

What's your most listened to jam on iTunes?

No comments:

Post a Comment