Wednesday, November 25, 2009

JOE'S THEME SONGS - A RETROSPECTIVE

The radio show has had three official theme songs. Scroll down to hear them.

On the Nov. 21 show, I launched a new theme song: 'Won't Get Fooled Again' by The Who. We'll be editing it up to highlight Roger Daltrey's signature scream. The new theme song edit will have the KEYS slick radio voice guy talking up to the scream, but this can't happen until I name the new show--which I'm in no hurry to do.

When the three-hour KEYS Weekend Magazine first began, John Gifford picked the theme song (that I had no argument with), 'In My Place' by Coldplay. I've discussed how I like Coldplay no matter what Paul Rudd says.

After a while, though, hearing it week after week I had a creeping nag. I just began to think it was too slow a start so I eventually changed it to 'Regret' by New Order. I drive around all day and at the time was listening to my ipod a lot. There are many philosophies on ipod habits, but I'm a shuffle guy. I listen to my ipod on shuffle 95% of the time. As my creeping nag evolved my casual desire to change the theme song kicked in by me listening to every song's intro. Regret worked and I was more than glad to highlight New Order. I've been a New Order fan since 9th grade. When I got my first CD player, a Technic rack system complete with turntable, my parents said they'd buy me one CD. I scammed them and got the New Order Substance double disc set. A couple of years ago in one go-nowhere spark of on-air genius, I started a weekly 'Identify the New Order Song' game where the producer would play an unannounced classic New Order song prompting callers to call in and win stuff. This didn't last long because the producer's never played the songs and I evenutally forgot about it.

New show means new theme song. I like the scream--that's the only reason I picked it. Since then I've been reminded that it's one of the CSI themes. Oops.


THE NEW THEME SONG
'WON'T GET FOOLED AGAIN,' THE WHO - 11/09-?


'REGRET,' NEW ORDER - 10/07-11/09


'IN MY PLACE,' COLDPLAY - 10/05-10/07

No comments:

Post a Comment