Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The "NEW" Show

After much speculation, I still have my show on 1440 KEYS! Two Mondays ago, 1440 KEYS revealed their new line up: Eric Von Wade moves to weekday mornings and some great, popular shows are added to the rotation including The Dennis Miller Show.

So the show's still on in the same time slot.

There are now 3 english local talkers on air: Me, Eric and Zzzzzz. So I take it seriously that I'm still on air.

I'm rededicated to quality and entertainment and am pushing for more promos and ways to grow the audience.

Here are my first thoughts at a few new guidelines or rules for the "New" hour.

A CONSISTENT PRODUCER
Who is the producer of this show? No one knows yet. Whoever it is, they can't screw around on the computer while I'm creating comedy gold. All in!

NO CANNED MUSIC
KEYS producers have sophisticated touch screen computers that run a programmed log. All programming is mapped out chronologically with the commercials and bumps (music leading in and out of breaks) preprogrammed. The music comes out of a safe, 'classic rock-y' rotation. Joe demands his producer NOT use this rotation. It is boring, antiseptic and does not differentiate the show. All music used on my show will be either a) relevant to the content of the segment or b) something interesting in the alt rock or classic rock vein. I gave the example of David Bowie's 'Changes' given the content of the show but would have accepted Dylan's 'The Times (They are A'changin) or The Byrd's 'Turn Turn Turn'.

SOUND EFFECTS PAGE
I want more interactive sound effects on the show and unveiled an example while discussing a talk radio host on another station. Saying this person's name would be unnecessary advertising for that person so this person's name will be replaced by a snore sound effect (or in print: Zzzzzz). Hilarious. My vision is to incorporate quotes from local city leaders and celebrities into the show.

There's a new theme song and a new website: www.joehilliard.com

More talk on changes soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment